Monday, November 7, 2011

I'm tired!

Day 4

And it's my own fault.  Stayed up until midnight blog reading, watching a movie, surfing.  Silly me.  I KNOW I get up at 6 or 630 no matter what time I go to bed.

So at 6:28 this morning, up I was.  And by noon I needed a nap.  Needed one, didn't take one.  I could have.  But I didn't.  Instead I was doing laundry and cleaning the house.  Dave was cleaning carpet, so I could have napped in bed.  But I didn't.

Now it is 10 pm and I'm tired.  But I can't go to bed until 11.  If I sleep more than 7hours, 8 at the most, I hurt all day and if I sleep less, I'm pooped.  I will probably go to bed after I post this and then be up a little earlier than usual...that's ok, as long I don't feel tired all day.

On the Winter job front, I called our gate manager today and was told we "should" have something this week.  We are first in the queue, so that's something anyway.

When I originally called the Ft. Sam Houston RV park for reservations I told them a week to 10 days.  They need something more definate than that, but I can't give it to them.  They are filling up with reservations, so we may have to move if we are still waiting for a gate after Thursday.

Waiting for a gate.  I hear from other blogs that this is the normal case for this time of year, but hopefully we haven't missed the window completely.  We'll see.  The gate manager keeps assuring me that we will be moving to a gate within a week.  Hmmmm.

Anyway, we will fill the rest of our waiting days getting things done around the house.  Re-organizing drawers and cupboards, cleaning things up (just to get dusty again), defrost the freezer and a myriad of other things.  The dogs got a bath today...they look so good and smell a hell of a lot better too!

Okay, off to bed for me.  I'll leave you with one of my favorite sunsets.  From Nebraskaland Days Festival this past June.


SHOUTOUT: to Diabetes Awareness Month.  It isn't pink or sexy, it doesn't involve boobs, football players, or cute shirts. It's about being grateful when your loved one wakes up in the morning. It's about 3am blood checks, needles, low blood sugars, and the smell of insulin on your hands after changing a pumpsite or filling a syringe. Its about going through ketones, "why me?"s, and explaining that you didn't get Type I diabetes because you ate too much candy 23,456,789,876,543,456 times. It's about being grateful you went to the hospital when you did. Or feeling so lucky when you wake up from a coma, or a seizure because you got to see another day. That's a person with diabetes's life.
From my Daughter, Caitlin who works for the Junior Diabetes Research Foundation in Kansas City and for my best friend Jean and my friends Dan and Eleanor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. Your comment will be posted after moderation.