Monday, November 28, 2011

Big Rig Going Gone

Day 20

Well today the rig left and just about everything else.  Here's the rig leaving.





It went out in 4 pieces....this is only two of them. Did you notice the axles on the last flatbed?  There are five, FIVE of them!  These suckers were huge!

It was very busy around here today.  One rig tearing down and going out and Bohannan setup trailers, equipment and assorted trucks coming in.  The rig tear down trucks were coming in and out all day.  The Bohannan site was receiving loads and loads of sand.  Lots and lots water and sand are used in the fracking process.  And it was sooooo windy today, coming out of the North.  Temps only got up to the low 60s so the wind made it even chillier.  Also didn't help that the red dirt was being redistributed all over the damn place.  In my hair, ears, nose, eyes and other crevices I didn't even know I had!

I started dinner around 3.  I made my special from scratch spaghetti sauce.  Mmmm mmmm.  Dave didn't really get a nap today, so was very tired when he went to bed at 7:30 or so.

We heard from all our kids today to wish us a Happy Anniversary.  It's so nice to be able to talk to them. Sounds like they all had a great holiday weekend!  Food, fun, shopping and spending time with each other.  We sure do miss them and our grandkids.  Except for our youngest, we probably won't see them until about May!

Right now I am waiting for the 7 sand trucks that came in about 2 hours ago to go out.  As soon as they do I'm hitting the recliner to snooze.  Its been calling my name for a couple of hours now.  When they came in I unplugged the bell, so it wouldn't keep waking Dave up.  I'll need to plug it back in after they leave.

Ok, I'm done for now.  I'll leave you with this picture of a sunset from the other evening.


SHOUTOUT:  To our friend Mike.  Happy Belated Birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. Your comment will be posted after moderation.