Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah

Day 9

That's about how I feel tonight.  I've been sitting here wondering what to write about and have been pretty much drawing a blank.  Snakes?  Spiders?  Bobcats? Illegal aliens?  How about Armadillos?  Nope.  Haven't seen any of those.  Heard about em.  Heard we should be on the look out for them.  But seen em?  Nope.

Maybe we just haven't ventured far enough away from the gate to encounter them.  Or maybe we just haven't been here long enough.   Or maybe the lights, generator noise, traffic through the gate, or the dogs are just keeping them away.  OR, maybe all three.  Who  knows.  I'm willing to bet, though, that the longer we are here we will encounter at least 4 out of the 5.  Which ones will we encounter?  I'm not placing any bets on that, although I'm sure Dave would be more than happy not to see any snakes, I would be more than happy not to see any spiders (tarantulas in particular) and we both hope not to run across any illegal aliens.  I'll be sure and let you know just as soon as we do.

Pretty boring today.  Only got about 5 hours of sleep last night, but didn't seem to feel worse the wear for it.  Got a nap in about 4:00 and am now wondering what to make myself for dinner.  Usually after I get up, I fix me some breakfast for me and Dave some lunch, then at dinner time it's lunch for me and dinner for Dave.  That leaves me to fend for myself for my dinner and Dave to fend for himself for breakfast.  It seems to be working just fine.  Dave had one of the guys who was going out to town this morning bring him back some breakfast burritos from Mcdonald's and that is cheating, if you ask me!

We did watch a bunch of VERY large equipment go into Mike and Diana's gate again today.  And I mean LARGE, as in HUGE.  The longest flatbed trailers I have ever seen with too wide and too tall equipment on them.  The trailers had 5 axles! I'm sure they didn't go anywhere near bridges or underpasses.  Sorry.  Thought I had a picture, but I don't.  There will be more tomorrow, I think, so I'll get one to post tomorrow night.

Can't come up with anymore topics from my sleep deprived brain tonight, so off I go.

SHOUTOUT:  to our Grandaughter Erica.  She had a small surgery today to remove part of a large birthmark on her back and WATCHED the whole thing.  This is the same kid who likes to watch slasher movies!  Way to go Erica!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. Your comment will be posted after moderation.