Monday, April 30, 2012

Zoom Zoom

That's how I feel today.  We traveled 380 miles.  I know, doesn't seem like a lot to you, but we usually only go about 200 maybe 250 in a day, but we are anxious to get home and see the kiddos.

We went from the Hill Country of Texas to the Wichita Mountains of South Oklahoma.  Really the only difference is there are more trees in the Hill Country.

All along the way while we were still in Texas we saw all manner of entrance gates to ranches.  From the fairly simple wire fence gates to the elaborate stone and iron gates.  Most of them we could see the houses from the road and while some houses seemed to match their gates, others had gates that were a bit pretentious for the size of the mobile home.  Some quite stately homes had the simplest gates.

Betty, I thought of you today as we were driving through Scotland, Texas.  What a great combo for you!  I tried to get a picture of the sign as Dave zoomed through, but I totally missed it.  Maybe next time.  Have you ever been there?  Scotland Texas, not Scotland or Texas.  :)

We will continue on our Zoom Zoom course tomorrow until we arrive in Abilene KS sometime in the afternoon.  Another 360 miles.

This brings me to the close of the A to Z Challenge.  I sure have enjoyed it and I hope it has encouraged me enough to keep going regularly on my own.  Thanks to all the great bloggers who organized the challenge this year.  I loved visiting all the other blogging participants enabling me to add more to my list of interesting things to read.

7 comments:

  1. Which highway did you take north? We headed up to Ft. Worth yesterday on SR 16 to US 377. Today we returned on US 281. The countryside is so picturesque!

    Have fun with your kids and grandkids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on finishing the A to Z Challenge. Don't forget to go to the A to Z blog page and pick up the Survivor Badge - for your blog site!

    Jenny @ Pearson Report
    A to Z Challenge Co-Host.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea! The A to Z Challenge is finished. I wish I could be so ambitious. 380 miles after the week of Rally. You guys have to be tired!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! My mission...which I chose to accept...was to continue to visit as many A to Z Challenge participants as I could even after the challenge is over because I didn't want to miss out on any great bloggers out there! Lovely blog...good luck with the rest of the year and I hope you had a wonderful weekend!

    Donna L Martin
    www.donasdays.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are you guys okay? It's been a month and no blog! I'm having withdrawal.

    Seriously, I hope you're alright.

    Susan
    http://travelbug-susan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you're having a grand time! :D
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. So, what's up? I'm blogging around, nice theme! What have you been up to lately?

    Roadtrip: On my way from A all the way to Z!
    English Speaking Zone

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. Your comment will be posted after moderation.