Wednesday, December 7, 2011

A Burst of Activity

I guess that's a little misleading.  What I really want to say is that after "a burst of activity" on Monday, it's been pretty slow again.


We had frack tanks coming in for 4 or 5 hours and then not much after that.  The Chesapeake rep told us fracking would start on Friday.  The ranch owner called to tell us they called him and said it would be Saturday or Sunday.  Then we had someone else yesterday tell us it would be a few more weeks.  I suppose it's anyone's guess at this point.  We'll figure it out when LOTS more traffic starts coming through the gate.


Drove into Cotulla today as we had mail waiting at the Post Office.  I've ordered a few things on line and those should be coming in the next few days.  It looks like from my orders that most of them are coming via USPS, but I have one that is coming FedEx.  I will need to call the hardware store in the morning and let them know it might be dropped off there.  They will accept it as long as they have our name.  Stopped at the grocery store to get a few things and then stopped at the truck stop to dump our trash.


Since we have nothing going on at the rig there is no trash bin to throw our trash in, so we take it to town to throw out.  When they bring in all the equipment for the fracking then there will be a place to throw it out down there.


Stopped on the way out to visit Jack and Mary Neal who are at a gate around the corner from us.  I introduced myself and then we sat and chatted for about 30 minutes.  VERY nice people.  Their gate is not too busy either, but busier than ours.  I'm hoping they will return the visit and stop by to see us soon.


Tonight while we were watching TV the power suddenly went out.  ??  The generator was still running and the lights on the tower were still on.  ??  Dave checked our breakers and all seemed OK. ?? So he threw a coat on, grabbed a flashlight and went out to see what was up.  A burning smell coming from the panel on the generator where all the circuit breakers are.  Apparently something burned out on the 50 amp portion.  We plugged into the 30 amp and all is fine with it.  Dave called our company guy and he will be out tomorrow to see what needs to be fixed.


It's cold tonight.  Supposed to be 28 or 29, so we disconnected the water hose and have the on board heater running to keep the belly (and us) warm.  You know, the idea in spending the winter in south Texas was to get away from cold weather...not working out so well the next few nights.  Of course it's supposed to be in the high 50s tomorrow and 60 on Thursday, so not all bad.


Even though we don't expect any traffic at night I don't want to get used to going to bed early and then have a hard time adjusting when the traffic does start.  I've been going to bed late the last few nights...after midnight....and last night slept in the recliner.  I COULD probably go to bed, but as soon as I do you know someone will show up at 3am to get in the gate and there I will be running out in my winter coat and pajamas!


I'm off to watch Miracle on 34th Street, one of my all time favorite holiday movies.  Just waiting for my all time favorite, White Christmas and then I'll be right in the holiday mood!  Good night and stay warm!


SHOUTOUT:  To our daughter-in-law Jennifer.  Happy Birthday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. Your comment will be posted after moderation.