Thursday, July 12, 2012

Day 5 at Common Ground

Here we are on day 5 of Common Ground on what promises to be the busiest night.  Eric Church is here tonight and they are expecting to be sold out.  For those of you in our festival family, sold out here means 12,000.
Here's a few pictures from the last few days.
Festival crowd Tuesday evening for Foghat and Joe Walsh

Taken from the bridge looking towards the backstage catering area.
You can see our 5er to the left in the background

Also taken from the bridge looking backstage at the artist bus and trailer area
towards the crowd

Since the venue is on the river boats congregate, for free.  

Looking across the river at downtown Lansing.  It's a beautiful area.
This is a new festival for us and we are pretty much enjoying it, but like all festivals sleep is lacking.  At least this festival doesn't start until 5:00 each evening, so we're getting just a little more than usual.

OK, fun over...here's something I received yesterday, along with a cookie, that really bothers me.


Why in the world would this bother me?  Because of what is on the reverse.

Click to make larger
Why is it that some people (quite a few actually) believe that if you don't believe in God and the Bible you are not a "good American" or patriotic?
I'm pretty sure the Preamble to the Constitution says "We The People", not "We the Christian People".
I guess serving in the Army, my father, brother and Uncles serving in the military, paying my taxes, exercising my right to vote, supporting other Americans in their rights and living by the laws of our Constitution don't count.

OK, off the box now.



4 comments:

  1. Being a Christian, I "KNOW" what I need and should do. I take alot of offence to some organizations, groups of people or person who has zipped too much KOOL-AID to preach their beliefs to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have every right, even an obligation, to get upset with that garbage. That person is an absolute idiot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!!!! That is all I can say about the cookie with a message. Glad you guys enjoyed the new festival. Can't wait to see you in about 3 weeks. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. Your comment will be posted after moderation.